Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jack Frost was here

This image I took after there was a heavy frost on the ground.  The morning sun was coming up so I decided to go outside and set the camera on a paver stone that was sunk in the gound.  I was hoping to catch a little Jack Frost on the blades of grass.  I did not get down on my hands and knees to take the picture.  I did bend over and grunt while trying to take a peek at the display on the camera.  As I was grunting, I did get a few shots of the frost and I did not notice the droplet of water but thought somehow that the droplet of water was on my camera lens not on the blade of grass.  When I downloaded the images, I realized it was not on my lens but actually on a blade of grass.  It's the simplicity of the one single dew drop with the reflection of the grass in the droplet make it a grand photo for me!  I totally love it!  Click on the images to see the detail of both!
a single dew drop on a blad of grass after a heavy jack frost morning
Jack Frost on the blades of grass

Leonardo da Vinci – “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

No comments:

Post a Comment