Monday, December 13, 2010

A winter wonderland




pine trees covered with snow
AFTER

I am not a winter fan lover, but OH  MY....this is spectacular, I think :)  We were blessed with this thing they call a blizzard this weekend.  Hunker down and "DO NOT GO OUT ON THE ROAD"...unless you feel like flirting with death.  There were many warnings of the Travel Conditions Becoming Extremely Hazardous.     These are the perks of living in Wisconsin.  Play tiddly winks and watch the snow flakes fall!  

*editing a photo can be a royal pain in the butt sometimes, but if you want to take a plain jane snapshot and zero into a part of the image, you would be amazed at what you find.  I look at it as a treasure hunt sometimes.  Cropping can be essential in capturing what you really want the image to say.  A photo that can talk... "1,000 words+"! Atleast that is what the age old phrase is.  I cropped the sky out to force the trees to stand out.  I first took this image and made it black and white.  Then to enhance and brighten the image I added back in 50% of the color.  This added some depth to the branches to enchance the snow sitting on the tree. I also turned the contrast and definition up to 100, shadow 23, saturation 68 and highlights to 61.  I try not to get to wrapped up into doing all of these settings because it is time consuming, but with this particular image, I wanted the snow to stand out.  I did this on my Apple MacBook.  Compare the before (below) and after (above) images...
image view prior to cropping and editing showing pine trees dusted with snow
BEFORE


Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect, it means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

CSD "Compulsive Shutterbug Disorder" © is copyright of eDOOZIE, but feel free to use or refer to it with a link back to eDOOZIE somewhere within your website, blog or publication.









No comments:

Post a Comment