Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Highland Cattle

Highland Cattle in Wisconsin

shaggy Highland Cattle in a field from Wisconsin

long haired Highland Cattle in a field in southern Wisconsin, cow grazing
large horns on a dark brown Highland Cow in Wisconsin
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7OU-OU-WOOT WOOT...a CSD moment for sure!  This just proves that a good hair do can make you look cute.  I've stumbled onto pictures of these types of cattle via the Internet and I have always admired them from a computer monitor.  However, being able to see them today in person from just a "drive by" was an extra treat.  Of course it is not a typical drive by, it was a CSD drive by where you notice your picture opportunity and don't have enough time to react so therefore you have to slam on the brakes, turn the car around and stop to get out of the vehicle with camera in hand.  My daughter always sighs "really Mom, do we have to?"  I say to her, "yes when you are a back seat rider, then yes you do... you are basically along for the luxury of reaping my CSD moments."  She sighs.... These creatures are so beautiful & cute!  Their hairy bangs over their eyes remind me of the Lhasa Apso dog breed.  I shared the pictures with a friend and her comment was that they remind her of Donald Trump,  LOL...too funny!    I was quite a distance from the road to the cattle but I was lucky as all I had to do was shuffle my feet on the gravel by the edge of the road and the cattle would look up at me with curiosity and stay still for a quick snap shot.The little purple flowers in the field make for a great summertime accent for the photo too!   Living in Wisconsin, you always see cows, but not typically anything like this.....yippee, I am so excited!  
HERE IS SOME INFO I FOUND ONLINE ABOUT THE CATTLE:Highland cattle or kyloe are an ancient Scottish breed of beef cattle with long horns and long wavy coats which are coloured black, brindled, red, yellow or dun. The breed developed in the Scottish Highlands and Western Isles of Scotland. Breeding stock has been exported to the rest of the world, especially Australia and North America, since the early 20th Century. The breed was developed from two sets of stock, one originally black, and the other reddish.
for more cow related things, visit:  www.cowobsession.comIf passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.   CSD "Compulsive Shutterbug Disorder" © is copyright of eDOOZIE, but feel free to use or refer to it with a link back to eDOOZIE somewhere within your website, blog or publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment